20/02/2015 – Will you help protect and improve our NHS?
Our National Health Service is staffed by dedicated people: doctors, nurses, midwives, ambulance drivers and ancillary staff. Together they form a great team, available to us 24/7 every day of the year.
The NHS we have grown to love, respect and rely on since its birth in the 1940s is under threat
Remember: the NHS was formed in a time of National hardship; we should not lose it now when the country has far more resources.
The Future of the NHS is in our hands
We all have the opportunity to help the NHS overcome the current issues the local hospital trust admits we face in Mid Sussex:
- Funds are spent on expensive “Agency Staff”, instead of permanent employees
- One in four people are waiting over 4 hours to be treated in A&E, well below the national target of 1 in 20 expected to wait that long
- Three times more ambulances are queuing with patients than the national average
- Over 100 beds are blocked by patients with nowhere else to go
You can play your part - Vote Labour on 7 May 2015
A vote for Greg Mountain, your Labour Party Candidate for Mid Sussex means:
- Spending health money on people not profits, by stopping privatisation
- Increasing national spending on health by £2.5bn a year
- 8,000 more GP’s and 20,000 more nurses across the country
- Cutting waiting times and bed blocking at the Princess Royal Hospital
- Joining up care for Mid Sussex patients by linking health and social care services
- ensuring our hospital employs permanent, well paid staff – not high cost agency staff
Greg says, ”I am proud to have joined the Picket lines in support of ancillary workers and midwives, whose pay has been severely restrained for the past five years. The NHS is a team, not a private, enterprise. Our community deserves better”