18/05/2017 – General Election Candidate Press Release
I am delighted to stand again for Labour in my home constituency. I ask voters to support me and make sure Mid Sussex becomes a better place to live.
Living here for 35 years means I’ve experienced our issues. In education, as we brought up our sons here. In travel, as a regular London commuter. As I campaign across Mid Sussex I’m continually being asked about parking, planning, the NHS and social care.
As your Labour MP my sole job would be to help improve life for everyone by seeking, to:
- secure a reliable, well managed, “not for profit” rail service
- Provide education for those over 16 years old in Haywards Heath
- Seek funds to help Woodland Meeds school
- Support the “worthless” campaign and improve school funding
- End university tuition fees
- Ensure waiting times at A&E at the Princes Royal Hospital are cut
- Abolish car parking charges at hospitals
- Ensure Mid Sussex District Council plans improved infrastructure
- Ensure more affordable “starter” homes are built
We are lucky, Mid Sussex is a great place to live and work. I want to ensure everyone gets the best from the opportunity of living here.