14/03/2016 - Support the Junior Doctors
Who do you believe?
- The 90% of well educated Junior Doctors who very reluctantly voted for strike action to protect the NHS?
- Junior Doctors who already provide a 7 days a week service and regularly work extra hours for no extra pay?
- Junior Doctors who are dedicated to the NHS and its values?
- The health Minister who published a book on privatising the health service?
- His predecessor whose £3M re-organisation of the NHS was an embarrassment even to the Conservatives?
- A health Minister who had regular meetings with American health providers to discuss the business opportunities that would be created by more privatisation?
We cannot expect doctors to work more hours at weekends without paying appropriate rates
The NHS is widely acknowledged to be the best in the world for providing top quality, value for money care.
A World Bank study reports that the UK spends 9.1% of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) on its NHS—the second lowest in Europe. Holland spends 12.9%. The UK needs to increase its funding—even if it means tax increases.
The use of agency nurses has tripled in the last three years and costs the NHS £1.6 billion and the use of agency doctors continues to increase. This money must be used for training more nurses and doctors.
We believe that the agenda of the Government is to increase privatisation so that their friends in private healthcare industry make more money.
What can you do?
- Write to your MP demanding that the Government spends the same amount on our NHS as the rest of Europe does and that there will be no more privatisation of the NHS by the back door
- Agree you will pay an extra 1p on Income Tax ring-fenced for the NHS
- Support the Junior Doctors in their efforts to protect the service
- Join Burgess Hill Labour Party and help campaign for a Labour Government to implement these policies.